The Karl Fischer test is a very common method to quantity the water content in solid, liquid and in certain circumstances, in gas samples.
Method to quantify the water content
This test is used in both industry and quality control laboratories and is useful for different application fields.
There are two types of KF titration to determinate the water content:
- Volumetric titration technique: For samples with a water content greater than 0.1%
- Coulometric titration technique: For samples with a water content less than 0.1%
Aquametric is the range of pyridine-free Karl Fischer reagents from ITW Reagents for an accurate water content determination using volumetric or coulometric systems.
- Safe: Low toxicity and pyridine free
- Speed: Fast titrations and saving of time
- Reliable: Stable endpoints ensure accurate and reliable results
- Long Shelf Life: Up to 5 years depending on the reagent